1. Reduces stress through boosting serotonin, dopamine and endorphins (the happy hormones).
2. Lowers blood pressure.
3. Can reduce pain by as much as 40%.
4. Can reduce inflammation from arthritis and asthma.
5. Helps turn off the fear and flight syndrome by relaxing the parasympathetic nervous system, thereby helping the stomach and lower tract.
6. Reduces cortisol, the stress hormone.
Meditation connects one with the deeper non-personal aspect of the mind, what Dr. Carl Jung called the center of personality. The Soul. This archetypal energetic power is collective and is beyond time, distance, space, history, and takes one beyond the physical, connecting them to the mysterious power of the human mind and beyond logic. This scientific methodology is repeatable and deals with patterns that the human mind is prone to.
Meditation is both an art and a science. It is at the core of many ancient beliefs and healing arts. It is the creative genius that is innate in every human being. It connects one to a higher power that has many names; the Tao, the holy spirit, God, universal energy etc.